Re: N.merilliana cultivation

From: Alastair (Alastair_R@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Feb 18 1998 - 01:44:16 PST

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:44:16 -0500
From: Alastair <Alastair_R@compuserve.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: N.merilliana cultivation

Although I do not grow the species, and therefore make no pretense at
knowing which technique would best suit it, I would have thought that the=

plant would be fairly happy in your average Nepenthes mix - I say this
because I do grow N.truncata and a N.globamphora hybrid, both of these in=
pine bark/peat (3:1) mixture with great success. The relevance here is
that these species are often found in the same localities as one another
(eg. Mt Legaspi) so N.merilliana *may* tolerate the same sort of conditio=
ns
as the other two (disregarding the possibility of species specific
intolerance etc etc!).

Regards,

Alastair.