sphagnum moss

From: E.A.J-C. Valette (eajcv@eng.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 09 1998 - 02:43:35 PST

Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 10:43:35 +0000 (GMT)
From: "E.A.J-C. Valette" <eajcv@eng.cam.ac.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: sphagnum moss

Can someone tell me what the difference between moss and sphagnum moss?
Is the sphagnum moss in Canada differente of this in France for example?
The plants I bought in my garden center have no moss!! and It is drying
quite quick.

I thougt use the moss which growing all the year under the christmas trees
in my garden (Framce). This moss grows very vigorous under the trees. It
is like a cushion 2 cm depth and It propagates with creeping extension. I
think this moss is used to create flowers decoration.

Is it wrong if I m going to use it?

thanks of advices
Eric