Re: Never say die

From: mark.fisher@tpwd.state.tx.us
Date: Wed Jan 07 1998 - 08:55:02 PST

Date: Wed, 07 Jan 98 10:55:02 cst
From: mark.fisher@tpwd.state.tx.us
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Never say die

>>Today, I noticed a new D. capensis sprouting where the old one had
>>been. I know this has been discussed several times before on this
>>list, but I want to reinforce--never give up on a "dead" cp, as it
>>may not be!

>Can you tell me what a little D. capensis looks like? I've torn mine
>apart in 6 smaller plants and in one of the pots I notice this very
>little CP. It looks like D. intermedia more than it looks like
>capensis. Now I've been messing around with seeds of D. intermedia so
>the chance is not zero, but....

     Well, it's not simply a miniature version of a full-grown plant. The
     leaves are out of proportion and are rather short and stubby. Mine
     has bright red tentacles. I agree it looks more like a full-grown D.
     intermedia than capensis (I do not have any intermedia in the
     greenhouse, so that's not it). I've got tons 'o D. spatulata popping
     up everywhere, but that's easy to distinguish.

     Regards,

     Mark