Re: N.clipeata

From: Johannes Marabini (Johannes.Marabini@t-online.de)
Date: Wed Jan 07 1998 - 07:03:43 PST

Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 16:03:43 +0100
From: Johannes.Marabini@t-online.de (Johannes Marabini)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: N.clipeata

Gilles Lardy wrote:

x I have put on my heater last week, and notice that my clipeata is
growing
x faster (around 27 deg C). I thought this was a highland species,
but
x recently R. Cantley put it in the lowland section of his excellent
website.

 You can say that Nepenthes clipeata is a montain plant, not highland
  (over 1500m) and not lowland (below 500m). The (former) location of
N.clipeata
  is Gunong Kelam in Kalimantan (you can see a photo in my homepage),
which
  is 800 m high. The original place, where N.clipeata was found, is
now destroyed
  by a fire and was at an altitude of about 700 m at a steep slope of
this
  montain. During the day it is terrible hot (38 deg. Cel.)at this
place and at night it
  cools down to 18 - 20 deg.Cel.

Johannes

--