Never say die

From: mark.fisher@tpwd.state.tx.us
Date: Sun Jan 04 1998 - 16:53:16 PST

Date: Sun, 04 Jan 98 18:53:16 cst
From: mark.fisher@tpwd.state.tx.us
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Never say die

     Last summer, my D. capensis put out increasingly smaller and fewer
     leaves until eventually, there was nothing left above the soil line.
     I assume this was a response to the summer heat here in central Texas.
     I feared it had died, but I kept watering it anyway.

     Today, I noticed a new D. capensis sprouting where the old one had
     been. I know this has been discussed several times before on this
     list, but I want to reinforce--never give up on a "dead" cp, as it may
     not be!

     Regards,

     Mark