dormant VFTs

From: bs (bs719491@oak.cats.ohiou.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 15 1997 - 10:21:13 PST

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 13:21:13 -0500
From: bs <bs719491@oak.cats.ohiou.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: dormant VFTs

Hello all-

I have three VFTs dormant in the crisper of the fridge. They are all in
the same plastic bag, tied at the top to keep them moist. I checked
them and one plant has several leaves that have yellowed and died. The
other two look fine. Should this be happening? Should I just remove
the dead leaves to prevent fungal attack? If I remove the dead leaves,
would it be detrimental to the plant if, rather than cutting off the
leaf, I removed the entire leaf - including the base so that I can make
a cutting from it?

This is the first time I've ever put VFTs through dormancy and I don't
quite know what to expect.

Thanks in advance-

--
brandon

"There's a fine line between clever and stupid" - someone in Spinal Tap

http://oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu/personal/bschanba.html