Variety within Sarracenia species

From: Niels.Asger.Nielsen (Niels#d#Asger#d#Nielsen@mar.hha.dk)
Date: Thu Nov 27 1997 - 04:15:11 PST

Date: 27 Nov 1997 13:15:11 +0100
From: "Niels.Asger.Nielsen" <Niels#d#Asger#d#Nielsen@mar.hha.dk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Variety within Sarracenia species

Hi Wim and list

I have noticed that within the Sarracenia genus there is a long list of =
different forms within the same species. Phil Wilsons long list of seeds =
from different Sarracenia forms that was posted to this list recently, =
illustrates that point. Is the Sarracenia genus special in this way?

Is S. purpurea purpurea stolonifera just a form of S. purpurea purpurea? =
Are there populations of S. purpurea purpurea stolonifera in the wild?

Perhaps these are stupid questions, but I would like to get wiser then.

Good growing

Niels, Denmark