D. rotundifolia Dormancy

From: MARK POGANY (MARKP@CRSCMS.COM)
Date: Sat Nov 22 1997 - 21:18:29 PST

Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 00:18:29 -0500
From: MARK POGANY <MARKP@CRSCMS.COM>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D. rotundifolia Dormancy

Tony Meadors wrote:

Can anybody tell me what the requirements are for the Drosera
Rotundifolia
are?

Do you live in a cool or cold climate? Just put your plant in an area
where it will receive reduced light and cool temperatures ( anything
from 20-40f) from November thru March. Reduce the level of moisture in
the pot by holding back on the water until the surface of the medium is
JUST damp. Give your plant a light misting with a proven fungicide such
as Benomyl once a month or so during the winter. This practice has
worked for me for several years. I treat all my temperate CP such as
Dioneae and Sarracenia the same way.

Happy Carnivoring,

Mark Pogany
Cleveland, Ohio