Re: D. rotundifolia Dormancy

From: Andreas Wistuba (andreas@wistuba.com)
Date: Sun Nov 23 1997 - 01:54:41 PST

Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 09:54:41 +0000
From: "Andreas Wistuba" <andreas@wistuba.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: D. rotundifolia Dormancy

On 22 Nov 97 at 21:23, MARK POGANY wrote:

> Tony Meadors wrote:
>
> Can anybody tell me what the requirements are for the Drosera
> Rotundifolia
> are?
>
> Do you live in a cool or cold climate? Just put your plant in an area
> where it will receive reduced light and cool temperatures ( anything
> from 20-40f) from November thru March. Reduce the level of moisture in
> the pot by holding back on the water until the surface of the medium is
> JUST damp. Give your plant a light misting with a proven fungicide such
> as Benomyl once a month or so during the winter. This practice has
> worked for me for several years. I treat all my temperate CP such as
> Dioneae and Sarracenia the same way.

You can even put D. rotundifolia and other CPs which form winterbuds
(little if any photosynthesis) in the fridge at 4 degrees centigrade
over the winter.

Bye,

Andreas

Andreas Wistuba; Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Phone: +49-621-705471 / +49-621-7152027
Fax: +49-621-7152028

E-Mail: andreas@wistuba.com