CP for Schools

From: Ron Lane (rl7329@sprynet.com)
Date: Sat Oct 04 1997 - 08:36:43 PDT

Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 11:36:43 -0400
From: Ron Lane <rl7329@sprynet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP for Schools

For the last two years I've held a fall giveaway of extra CP to allow new
people to get into the hobby in an inexpensive way. This year due to work
and family pressures and responsibilities, I find that I do not have the
energy or motivation (sorry).

However, after receiving a pleasant prompt/reminder from an individual who
took advantage of this opportunity for his classroom last year, I would
like to extend an invitation to teachers:

If you would like a small starter set of CP for your classroom, please
e-mail me privately and I will donate some CP to you. I will make an effort
to include a variety of plants such as D. binata, D. adelae, D. capensis,
Dionaea, and Sarracenia. I may also be able to include Pinguicula in some
packages.

I am not asking for any compensation but I do ask that only teachers who
plan to use these plants to help educate students reply. Past experience
has shown that international shipping requires more effort and/or deceit
than I am willing to put out. Therefore, this offer only extends to the US.

I do not have unlimited stock (duh..!) and estimate that I can accommodate
8-14 requests. Requests sent to the list will be ignored. Please feel free
to forward this to teachers who may have an interest.

Ron Lane
RL7329@sprynet.com
Central NJ, USA