Sarracenia Question

From: Aaron Carlson (aaronc@sockets.net)
Date: Sat Oct 04 1997 - 05:45:28 PDT

Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 07:45:28 -0500
From: "Aaron Carlson" <aaronc@sockets.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia Question

Hello All,

I have a question regarding my Sarra's. Lately I've been noticing that on
several of the leaves, the tips have been turning brown and with time have
completely curled up. My original thought was that they were not getting
enough water, but the leaves were not wilting or anything, so I dispelled
that idea. I had a plant pathology graduate student look at it, and she
thought it might be caused by a bacteria or possibly mites. Does anyone
happen to know what could cause this? The plants are still growing strong,
although the affected leaves ultimately die. Not every plant exhibits
this, and not every leaf on a given plant exhibits this either.
Thanks much,
Aaron Carlson