Nepenthes talangensis

From: John H. Phillips III (phillips@library.ucsf.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 22 1997 - 17:13:40 PDT

Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 08:13:40 +0800
From: "John H. Phillips III" <phillips@library.ucsf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes talangensis

      I was hoping someone on the list could answer my question about N.
talangensis. I have had one small, 2 1/2 cm, plant since last May which has
not grown at all. It appears very healthy and bright green, but has not
grown one new leaf. In comparison, my small N. rajah has grown 5 new leaves
since May. Both are grown together in a large terrarium as highland
Nepenthes under fluourescent lights. Is this a very slow growing species,
or should I provide it with different conditions?
Thanks in advance,
John H. Phillips III e-mail:phillips@library.ucsf.edu
Interlibrary Loan Rm 202
Health Sciences Library