All red-dentate VFT photo

From: Rick Walker (walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com)
Date: Mon Sep 22 1997 - 18:56:56 PDT

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 18:56:56 -0700
From: Rick Walker <walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: All red-dentate VFT photo

Mr. Sung recently tried to post a JPEG of the red-dentate VFT.
Unfortunately, the listserv policy is not to accept binary-encoded
files. Since many people are likely to be interested in this image,
I have put a copy into the CP database at

    http://www.hpl.hp.com/bot/cp_home

It is available by searching for "Dionaea", or if you prefer, you can
jump straight to the image at:

    http://www.hpl.hp.com/botany/public_html/cp/pictures/dionaea/vftrd.htm

Here is the text that originally accompanied the image:

    Certain people have been saying this is a scam. I feel very bad
    about that. I have attached a picture of the hybrid VFT. Please
    view it. The plant in the photo was grown under minimal lights and
    turns completely a deep red in bright light. This is NOT A SCAM. I
    hope people don't always look a a cup half empty in this world!

It's a fairly unique plant, showing characteristics of both the typical
dentate clone and the all-red form.

have fun,

--
Rick Walker