Nepenthes Database

From: Matt Miller (nuclei@paonline.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 1997 - 20:28:50 PDT

Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 20:28:50 -0700
From: Matt Miller <nuclei@paonline.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes Database

I was reading through the old cp listserve dighests and I was wondering
about two things that were mentioned on it. One was about miniture
nepenthes. Now I have no idea if minature nepenthes really exist but if
they do could some one tell me how small they are and what their species
name is? They second question was about an entire nepenthes online
recource page. Was one ever created. If not I thought that is was a
great Idea and if anyone would like to help me by contacting people who
grow nepenthes we could make a large recource with a picture, growing
instructions and other things like propigation instructions and places
known to sell the particular speicies. We could have all known speicies
listed with their picture and their growing info as well as a complete
list of known hybrids. I think an online recource for nepenthes like
that would be great. If anyone would like to help me I would ask you to
do several things. Fist we can have all the people participating to send
notification e-mail to me or to the listserve, then we can assign like 5
species to each person participating to research. I would also like to
ask for anyone who would like to contribute nepenthes pictures these
would be eagerly exepted. Send any pictures or info on the nepenthes you
grow to :
               Matt Miller
               450 Reagle Road
               Marysville PA
               17053

Or you could also send anything to any of the other people (if there are
any) who are going to help me. I hope anyone growing nepenthes could
pitch in and help. Making a database for over 75 different species of
nepenthes and probably more hybrids than I can imagine would be a huge
job for just one person, but if fifty peole are helping out we could
have it done in no time !!!

If you wish to help out please make me aware of it by sending me e-mail
telling me about the nepenthes you grow or just the general or specific
knowledge that you have on nepenthes and what you could do to help out
with the database.

Thanks Alot,
                     Matt Miller