Re: Would like to buy Nepenthes

From: Geof Goodrum (ggoodrum@perigee.ncdc.noaa.gov)
Date: Fri Jul 25 1997 - 05:36:27 PDT

Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 08:36:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: Geof Goodrum <ggoodrum@perigee.ncdc.noaa.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Would like to buy Nepenthes

> Next week, I will make a trip from my home-country, the Dominican
> Republic to USA somewhere near Philadelphia. Could someone tell me,
> where I could buy some Nepenthes-species in the region of Philadelphia ?
>Hermann Moor

Hermann,

Sorry for the brief delay, but I had to look up CPN V25N4 (Dec 1996). On
page 138 is an ad for Marie's Orchids & CP/John de Kanel Tissue Culture
Laboratory. Marie's Orchids relocated to King of Prussia, Pennsylvania,
which is a few miles northwest of Philadelphia. The listed phone number
is 510-632-9650, and email is nepenthes@mindspring.com. You should
contact them about arranging a visit.

While you are in the area, check out Longwood Gardens at Kennett Square,
PA (about 30 miles to the southwest of Philadelphia). I haven't been there
for many years, but they had an extensive Nepenthes collection on display.

Geof