Use of larvicide (mosquito)

From: syyeo@singnet.com.sg
Date: Sat Jul 05 1997 - 18:01:37 PDT

Date: Sat,  5 Jul 97 18:01:37 PDT
From: syyeo@singnet.com.sg
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Use of larvicide (mosquito)

Dear CPers,

Temephos 1% SG is a granular larvicide recommended and approved by
World Health Organisation for the control of mosquito breeding.

I wish to know if fellow cpers has ever tried using it for their CP
especially nepenthes. If so, what should the concentration be?.

I am growing all my nepenthes outdoor and would I an considering using it
to fill the nepenthes pitchers. This is a preventive measure to prevent the
breeding of mosquito which are vectors of various diseases like dengue
haemorrhagic fever and malaria.

Regards,

Joseph.