re: Pyrethrin on CP

From: John Walker (jorwa@syspac.com)
Date: Tue Jun 17 1997 - 15:28:59 PDT

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 15:28:59 -0700 (MST)
From: John Walker <jorwa@syspac.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: Pyrethrin on CP

>I get little black critters on my vfts, too. I think they are harmless
scavengers.
>They seem to congregate around any "ooze" that escapes from a trap that has
caught
>something too large Spider mites tend to be more of a problem in low
humidity, but
>I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. When in doubt, kill the horrid
things
>;-)
>
>I have used the Schultz spray on a scale-infested Sarr. purp. venosa with
no harm
>done (but a baby Acacia that was accidentally sprayed, dropped all of its
leaves).
>For future reference, I'd be interested to hear how the VFT reacts.
>
>cheers,
Nick
Hi Nick,

I have used the Schultz pyrethrin spray on VFT's with good results. While
the leaves and traps were a little worse for the wear, they did
survive.....the spider mites wern't so lucky :) One word of caution though,
the over spray just about killed every D. adelae I had. When in doubt test
on an individual or two.

Regards,
John in Phoenix