Re: VFT coloration

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Tue Jun 17 1997 - 14:25:00 PDT

Date:    Tue, 17 Jun 97 17:25 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: VFT coloration

Hello Wim,

> I would like to grow VFTs that show their typical red coloration early
> in the year.

You could make use of the sun. It will give you the best color and
it's also free. Just put the plant in direct sun. By direct sun,
I mean with nothing inbetween like glass or plastic. If you use a
large pot with the soil level about 3-4 inches from the top, you'll
get very large traps (the lower soil level increases the humidity
to the perfect %) and the plants can take the sun all day. My
royal red (or whatever) tend to have a green stripe near the edge
of the trap when grown inside. Outdoors, they are 100% red the whole
plant over (maybe there will be some greenish/yellow highlights).

Dave Evans