Re: ants and bugs in my cp soil!

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Fri Jun 13 1997 - 19:22:00 PDT

Date:    Fri, 13 Jun 97 22:22 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: ants and bugs in my cp soil!

> As you can tell by my topic, I have a few problems.. There are little tiny
> bugs in the soil of most of my cp's, and my d. adelae looks as if there is
> an ant or more in the soil, since there is a little ant-like mound that
> keeps forming inside...

If you don't see ants, then it may be an earth-worm. Something was
living in the pot of a local CP grower and it eat out the center of
some of D.filiformis... Still don't know what it was, but the pot/soil
is gone and the remaining plants and bits have been transplanted.

> The d. adelae looks very pitiful right now, but I still want
> to get rid of that ant(s). Could anyone suggest how I might get
> rid of the ants and the bugs <I think they're larva of gnats.. ugh
> gnats in my house, and too small for my vft's to catch..>? Thanks!

Pings catch the adults very easily. Drosera (some types) are very
good at getting them also. I'm not sure how to kill the babies.

Dave Evans