Re: Sarracenia division

From: BREWER__CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Fri May 30 1997 - 05:38:18 PDT

Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 08:38:18 -0400
From: BREWER__CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarracenia division

     Ryan,
      Repot your Sarr's in a bigger pot and let it grow. The problem with
     dividing up your plant all the time is, it opens the door to diseases
     and other problems. This also stresses the plant out somewhat. I have
     divided plants up for years, but I now allow them to grow several
     years in the same container before I divide. Once they are to large
     for the container and repotting is required, this is the time I divide
     the plant up. Personally, I enjoy seeing several flowers coming up
     from one plant every spring and it saves me room in greenhouse.
                             Charles

Hello everyone,

     I have a question concerning Sarracenia. This year several of my
pitcher plants have produced multiple growing crowns for the first time.
I am confused as to whether to divide the plants or leave them be.