CPers

From: Chris Marsden (Byway@compuserve.com)
Date: Sat Apr 12 1997 - 11:50:23 PDT

Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 14:50:23 -0400
From: Chris Marsden <Byway@compuserve.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CPers

Hi All,

OK, OK. So there _are_ a few women out there, and a few teenagers (OK - and
a combination :-) )
but the point I'm trying to make as Laurent explains is that CP's are
_*_mainly_*_ a male preserve. Rightly or wrongly, they are. I don't think
they should be. Especially when you think that many gardeners (most?) are
women. maybe most teenagers are just mainly interested in computer games
and drugs (only kidding - no flames, please) .. er... I mean members of the
opposite sex. I mean, I'm hardly conventional....

Maybe CPers, as a mainly male crowd, should be trying to get
wives/girlfrieds/complete strangers (and yes, there is a difference)
interested (no funny comments please - and that /wasn't/ what i was
thinking) in CP's.

Thanks to the people that have put their opinions on the list - A few more
bars of TNT and we can have a nice warm debate going ;-)...

Kind regards,

Toby Marsden