Re: CPers

From: Heather Frederick (flytrap@ihug.co.nz)
Date: Sun Apr 13 1997 - 21:18:44 PDT

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 16:18:44 +1200 (NZST)
From: Heather Frederick <flytrap@ihug.co.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CPers

Hi Toby

At 07:45 13/04/97 -0700, you wrote:

>OK, OK. So there _are_ a few women out there, and a few teenagers (OK - and
>a combination :-) )
>but the point I'm trying to make as Laurent explains is that CP's are
>_*_mainly_*_ a male preserve. Rightly or wrongly, they are. I don't think
>they should be. Especially when you think that many gardeners (most?) are
>women. maybe most teenagers are just mainly interested in computer games
>and drugs (only kidding - no flames, please) .. er... I mean members of the
>opposite sex. I mean, I'm hardly conventional....
>
>Maybe CPers, as a mainly male crowd, should be trying to get
>wives/girlfrieds/complete strangers (and yes, there is a difference)
>interested (no funny comments please - and that /wasn't/ what i was
>thinking) in CP's.

There are lots of women CP growers in New Zealand, but hardly any of them
have net access. Those that do are too busy housewifing, mothering,
gardening, working and growing their CP'S to write lots of messages to you
guys :-)

Maybe we women CP growers are the silent majority?

Toodles
Heather
Heather Frederick
flytrap@ihug.co.nz