CPers

From: Chris Marsden (Byway@compuserve.com)
Date: Thu Apr 10 1997 - 15:58:19 PDT

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 18:58:19 -0400
From: Chris Marsden <Byway@compuserve.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CPers

Hello everyone,

By now I am sure everyone knows how much I like to start a debate (is that
what they call it :-) ) - so here goes.

Why have we so few youngsters/women interested in CP's and how, and should
we, rectify this?

I am 14 years old and I've only been interested in CP's for 3 or 4 years
now - but have built up a reasonable collection. However, I know of very
few other people my age that are really interested in CP's and none on the
internet. I can name many male CPers - but I would struggle to name 2 women
interested in these plants.

Maybe CP's appeal to the chauvanistic/sadistic (no offence intended to
anyone) side of male charachter which males do tend to posess more of? I
don't know. I am sure the ICPS's ERN programme may help with youngsters -
but should we, and how can we, persuade more women to join our fascinating
hobby?

Just my opinion (FWIW),

Toby Marsden