Re: tuberous Drosera

From: Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 18 1997 - 09:54:39 PST

Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 18:54:39 +0100
From: Clarke Brunt <clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: tuberous Drosera

On 16 Mar 97 at 15:07, Ploobutt@aol.com wrote:

> I have a few tubers and I heard that you can keep some species
> growing all year, if they're kept moist. Right now, mine mine are in dry
> media.

Where in the world are you? aol.com has become meaningless these days
- they can be from anywhere. My tuberous Drosera (e.g. peltata,
erythrorhiza, stolonifera, etc.) all grow in Winter. Here in the N.
hemisphere, some are flowering now, and after that will die down.
Whilst you may well persuade them to grow at other seasons, I can't
imagine them growing continuously, since the growth is annual, and
is supposed to die down. At the same time a new tuber should be
forming for the next season.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk) http://www.brunt.demon.co.uk/
Cacti in Mexico, Seeds from Cambridge University Botanic Garden, etc.