Cp's @ chain stores

From: covenante (covenante@mail.geocities.com)
Date: Fri Mar 14 1997 - 09:37:59 PST

Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 09:37:59
From: covenante <covenante@mail.geocities.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Cp's @ chain stores

        Last season I purchased a Ping, a Nepenthes, a Sarracenia Purpurea, a VFT
and I beleive a drosera adelae or more likely a d. capensis. (I'm really
bad at Identifying sundews). They were all obtained at a Local Frank's
garden store. They all had a cute description of the plants with a cartoon
picture of VFT with a knife and fork and an apron licking his lips. They
were all from the same company but no company was listed on the labels. I
also found VFTs with the same cute labels and cartoon picture at a local
Meijers. (I live in kalamazoo, MI). I have also found the same 'brand' at
a garden store in my home town of Richmond, VA. So what I'm figuring is
there is a huge nursery somewhere turning out these plants like a factory.
I suspect P&P's but thats just my suspicion.

        Also, does anyone know where I can purchase high wattage lightbulbs that
will fit aquarium hoods? Locally I havent found anything 20W and that
really isnt enough for CPs.

+Michael

mad@kalamazoo.net