Re: Re:Nepenthes naming

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Tue Feb 11 1997 - 14:08:00 PST

Date:    Tue, 11 Feb 97 17:08 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re:Nepenthes naming

> From: SCHLAUER@CHEMIE.UNI-WUERZBURG.DE
>
> > These are all grex's (? - correct term?) created by Bruce Salmon and Ric
> > Maulder. Sorry but I can't quote the parentages for you.
>
> Thank you for the hint but I did know *that* already (I do also know
> the respective parentages). I asked for a *publication* in which these
> names were registered officially as cultivars (or described validly
> as scientific names).

Hi Jan & List,

     My N. * splendiana is sending up a flower spike. I'm wondering
if I ought to make it into a herbarium specimum so the name can be
validated. How is this to be done? Also, is there anyone who would
be interested in writing up the protologue for publishment in the
CPN? I think it was mentioned that for horticultural hybrids, the
protologue can be written in English or some other widely used
lanuage...

   And if no one is interested in this little project (Or at least
guiding me through this), I should soon have some pollen of the
cross, N.anamensis * N.maxima, for people who could use some. I
just cut the openned pollen flowers off, dry them in the fridge
and mail them out, so after collecting the pollen in this manner,
it wouldn't make for as nice a type specimen. (I suppose a
couple flowers removed from the bottom wouldn't hurt, though.)

Dave E.