RE: newbe

From: Mellard, David (dam7@ATSDHA1.EM.CDC.GOV)
Date: Mon Jan 27 1997 - 06:36:00 PST

Date: Mon, 27 Jan 97 09:36:00 EST
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@ATSDHA1.EM.CDC.GOV>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: newbe

Hi Steve and welcome back to THEE hobby. Sounds like you're on the right
track with your bog. You didn't mention a couple of things about your bog
that might make life easier.

1. Unless you always have plenty of rainfall or a constant water source for
the bog, use a plastic liner. The kind I use is an all purpose plastic
roll, the higher the mil (thickness), the better.

2. Dig that hole as deep as your arms can manage. I'd say a minimum of 18
inches but 24 is better and Dave Evans (Hi Dave) will tell you 36 inches (1
meter). The added depth will give the bog more water and allow the surface
of the bog to remain wet or damp between rains.

3. Don't make the bog wider than one arm's length. I have to straddle
the corner of my 1st bog to try to reach the center. It hurts!

good luck
David

Steve said