Milder than usual SF winter?

From: Gary (garko@sfsu.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 06 1997 - 11:35:18 PST

Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 11:35:18 -0800 (PST)
From: Gary <garko@sfsu.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Milder than usual SF winter?

Hi everyone--

Have any other SF Bay Area CPers noticed anything strange about our
winter? I've seen a plum tree in full bloom, and several other trees on
my block look like their about to bloom as well. I just clipped a flower
stalk from one of my thriving VFTs and a S. leucophylla. What's the deal?
Not a single one of my outdoors CPs wants to go dormant or stay dormant.
I'm leaving them be for now, but I was wondering if anyone else in the
region was having similar experiences and what they are doing about it.

Thanks,
Gary