Re: ...

From: ACArnold@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 06 1997 - 12:36:11 PST

Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 15:36:11 -0500
From: ACArnold@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: ...

In a message dated 05/01/97 01:26:07, you write:

> Dear Dave - you're gonna enjoy this... the first N.khasiana I had was in my
> all-round semi-epiphytic, barky mix, which goes great for all my other
> Nepenthes
> whilst the second, peat, sand and bark in roughly equal proportions, it
died
> too, so..!

<SNIP>

Just to add my 2p worth - I used to grow N. khasiana quite successfully in a
terrarium with about 1 to 1.5 inches of peat with a little charcoal added to
'keep it sweet' as per the instructions on my packet of seed (from Chiltern
seeds I think).

The terrarium sat on my windowsill at work and got very little attention -
faced west approx. Unfortunately, when I went abroad for a while, the users
of my office 'forgot' to water at all and they died:-( They wouldn't have won
any prizes for size but did have good traps - they didn't get much food
either which probably accounts for the size, or lack of it:-)

Regards,

Adrian