Re: Intro of new member

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 20 May 1996 23:37:20 +0100

On 17 May 96 at 12:35, David Beare wrote:

> How can I grow my D.Binata indoors,
> cos my terrarria are too small and my room is not really humid enough (or at
> least all of the mucilage quickly disappears when I put it into the open)

I know what you mean about D. binata flopping about and taking up a
huge amount of space. It has always grown OK in my greenhouse, either
in the water tray, or indeed just in a small plant saucer of water. I
wonder if you could try to acclimatise it gradually to the lower
humidity? I'm pleased to say that some Droser binata 'multifida' I
grew from Rowland seed last year, which until now had only displayed
two points to the leaves like my older plant, are finally revealing
their true selves and gaining more points.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)