Re: Best time to repot VFT's?

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 19:57:19 +0000

On 28 Nov 95 at 7:51, Jason Hotra wrote:

> A lot of discussions are going around about the best time to repot various
> plants... What is the best time for VFT's? I have had mine for 5 months
> and they are now dormant. Should I repot them during the winter or in the
> spring?

I'd go for Spring, just as growth is starting, then new roots will be
developing. Nothing much would be happening during Winter, which
would just seem an invitation for damaged roots to rot.

P.S. This is the first message I've ever been able to reply to
directly from here in the UK - for once, it claimed (correctly) to
come from cp@opus.hpl.hp.com, rather than cp@hplb.hpl.hp.com -
replies to the latter used to go to an innocent Carolyn Phelan at
HP Bristol in the UK. Maybe someone has mended the mailer software
at last. Errors-To: walker@hplb.hpl.hp.com is still suspect though.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)