Re: Re: Nep. highland seedling fertilization

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Mon, 13 Nov 95 16:32 EST

> From: Joachim Nerz <joachim.nerz@STUDENT.UNI-TUEBINGEN.DE>
>
> a friend of me (Matthias Schmidt) had good success with the very diffcult
> N. villosa from seedling by feeding it with small Drosophila and tubifex;
> he grew it in fish-tanks in cellar, not to wet, 15-20 degree Celsius with
> 2 usual white tubes (universal white); in the meantime it has reached
> maybe 10 cm in diameter.

Tubifex do work good for Nepenthes, but it odd that fish food
would work so well. Anyway what Nepenthes could be thought of
as very hard to grow, say the 3-5 most difficult species?

Dave Evans