Re: RE: Sick Cephalotus

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Wed, 25 Oct 95 17:48 EDT

> From: "John Phillips" <phillips@LIBRARY.UCSF.EDU>
>
> It now grows like crazy, blooms twice a year and has several crowns. I would
> also recommend using a tall 6-8 inch pot, they like room to grow. After you
> repot, remember to syringe some water into the traps to prevent dehydration.
> And they like a little 1/4 to 1/2 strength Miracid or orchid fertilizer
> syringed into their traps. Hope this helps,

Wow John, your Ceph sounds great. I got mine in a more peat than
sand mix but I think thats got to change now. As alittle quirk
though, I'm going to try diatoms instead of sand. Also, I've
never had much luck with fertilizing them.. I'se used the same
fertilizer that the rest of my CP get => I give it Heliamphora
but if I put some in a Cephalotus pitcher, in a few days it's dead.

What do you think? Has the soil I'm growing them in pushed them to the
edge and the fertilizer just finishes them off, the pitcher I mean,
haven't lost any whole plants in few years.

Dave Evans