Re: Web help - please

Pekka Ala-Siuru (pal@tko.vtt.fi)
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 13:27:56 +0300 (EET DST)

On Wed, 16 Aug 1995
/G=Loyd/S=Wix/OU=1890CHPI/O=TMGB.URC/@langate.gb.sprint.com wrote:

> From Loyd.Wix@URCGB.SPRINT.COM
>
> Help please from any of you Web experts/frequent users. Is
> anyone out there able to get on the CP home page? Every time
> I try it I get an application error which closes down
> Netscape. This happens when I type in the address or if I
> use the links from P+Ps home page or from Barrys home page
> (Hi Barry love that hat!).
>
> Web access from my site is quite a recent thing so our IS
> boys are still getting used to the system. I dont know
> whether the access problems are due to a problem at HP or
> something to do with the Netscape/Windows set up . The error
> I get is as follows:

Richs CP home page is alive.

> Application Error
> Netscape caused a general protection fault in module
> Netscape.exe at 000A:5782

This problem seems to me to be of some kind of installation problem in
your PC.

..Pekka

> Thanks for any help any one can provide.
>
> Regards
>
> Loyd

Pekka Ala-Siuru
Senior Analyst, Embedded Knowledge-Based Systems
VTT Electronics, P.O.Box 1100, FIN-90571, Oulu,Finland
Tel. +358 81 551 2461, Telefax +358 81 551 2320
http://www.ele.vtt.fi/