Re: IRC

Richard Marsden (marsden@andreas.wr.usgs.gov)
Fri, 28 Jul 1995 09:01:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 27 Jul 1995, Peter Cole wrote:

> !?! I always thought they slowed down as they approached
> absolute zero... though I hope Finland isn't *that* cold :)
Resistance decreases though. You may even get a superconductor if you're
lucky. Err... (thinks back to pre-geophysics physics), electrons will
lose thermal energy/noise, lower entropy - don't know about
"straight-line" velocities though.

> I'll second that - I popped in at 23:10 GMT for about 40 minutes,
> and had an entertaining chat with a non-CPer who wandered in
> 'off the street' in response to the topic I set (Hi White Dragon
> if you've subscribed now.)
> A late night Eurogathering for CPers could include East-coast US
> Cpers, but I don't know how anyone down under will fit in...
> If we start off with several slots (3 or 4 ?) to accommodate all
> the different timezones, we'll probably find that they blend
> together a bit, but ultimately we can't accomodate everyone in
> one time slot.
Everyone knows where they are relative to GMT? (or is it just me because
I'm displaced?) As for the difference between Mountain Time, Central
Time, which State has Daylight Saving Time,etc - it gets so complicated!

Richard