Re: Intro&some

Charlotte Vandaveer (vandavee@chuma.cas.usf.edu)
Wed, 28 Dec 1994 23:15:24 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Nathan. Welcome to our discussion line. In "American Medicinal
Plants" by Charles F. Millspaugh there is a piece about the use of S.
purpurea to treat smallpox. Unfortunately, the medical establishment at
that time frowned on herbal cures by 'ignorants' so no good research was
ever done before the disease was wiped out. Great book, I think you'd
enjoy it. Its printed by Dover Publications, New York, ISBN0-486-23034-1.
Happy New Year,
Chelsie