New Orchidarium Model and Does Anyone Have Any Experience with Orchidariums?

From: Jason Ashley (jasona@warwick.net)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 03:15:37 PDT

Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 06:15:37 -0400
From: "Jason Ashley" <jasona@warwick.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: New Orchidarium Model and Does Anyone Have Any Experience with Orchidariums?

Hiyas fellow CPers,

I am sorely tempted to buy one of these to keep my Nepenthes yet before I
spend the (for me) considerable funds to get one I'd like to know what CP
growers think of them. There is a new, taller and deeper model which seems
to fit my requirements for the two neps I have, (a 'Holland hybrid' which
appears closely related to alata, and a growing bical I have affectionately
named 'Orlok') with possible room for a third or fourth plant. Orchidariums
appear to be perfect for what I want and while the Klimagrows are nice too,
they are even more expensive. Are there any other manufacturers of these
sort of environment-enhanced Wardian cases? Does anyone have plans for a
build-it-yourself case that would be cheaper and better?

Many thanks!

Jason Ashley
Warwick, NY
USA