Re: Will the real Drosera ericksoniae please make itself known

From: Ippenberger (S.Ippenberger@t-online.de)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 06:12:22 PDT

Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 15:12:22 +0200
From: S.Ippenberger@t-online.de (Ippenberger)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Will the real Drosera ericksoniae please make itself known

Hi Nigel,

I had a look at your photos and my opinion is that all of the flowers
and the plants are D. ericksoniae. I compared them with Allen Lowries
drawings and photos (Vol. 2, p. 58ff) and your flowers all show the
typical 3 stigmas with disc like shape. Also the leaves look like
Lowries pictures. To your appeasement let me say that I am also growing
"D. ericksoniae" showing the typical leaves but not the typical stigma
shape. I cannot find my plants in any of Lowries books. So I donot
know what I am growing, but yours should be the true stuff! Stefan