Will the real Drosera ericksoniae please make itself known

From: Nigel Hurneyman (nigel.hurneyman@oracle.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 09:21:12 PDT

Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 17:21:12 +0100
From: Nigel Hurneyman <nigel.hurneyman@oracle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Will the real Drosera ericksoniae please make itself known

I've grown 'Drosera ericksoniae' for a number of years, including
material from 3 different sources. The plants have a short stem and
are 'nitidula green', and the only way I can distinguish them from
D nitidula is by the flower.

Last year I got some gemmae from Allen Lowrie labelled 'Drosera
ericksoniae - plants go reddish bronze in full sun'. The resulting
plants look more like a huge D pulchella - completely flat rosette
about twice the size of pulchella but the same sort of colour. However
the flowers of both forms look similar. At the UK CPS meeting at
Reading on Saturday, they said they're only familiar with the large
flat rosette form.

Can anyone help me on this one - which is the real D ericksoniae and
which is the imposter? Piccies of flowers of both but only plants
of the latter are on my D ericksoniae page:
http://members.fortunecity.com/h7n/erickson/index.html

Thanks, NigelH