Re: Will the real Drosera ericksoniae please make itself known

From: Nigel Hurneyman (nigel.hurneyman@oracle.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 04:01:16 PDT

Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 12:01:16 +0100
From: Nigel Hurneyman <nigel.hurneyman@oracle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Will the real Drosera ericksoniae please make itself known

Thanks Stefan.

I've just compared my plants with Lowrie's volume 2 for myself. I
think the large, flat rosetted form is the real D ericksoniae - my
plants have produced a fair amount of seed. Although the flowers
on the short-stemmed form also match Lowrie's description, the plants
have never produced any seed (Lowrie reckons ericksoniae is very
fertile and possibly an annual in the wild) - I would guess at some
sort of hybrid or intergrade, possibly with something in the nitidula
complex since they share the characteristic 'nitidula green' colour.

Regards, NigelH