Utrics

From: Rollins (willows@rose.net)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 13:52:04 PDT

Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 16:52:04 -0400
From: Rollins <willows@rose.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Utrics

We have had an extended drought here in Southwest Georgia, USA. Many
Sarracenia bogs have dried up and the plants are gone. What are the
chances that some Sarracenia may come back after a rainy spell from
rhizomes? Also, if I were to take some soil from a small dried up pond
is it possible that the bladderworts might germinate from dormant seed?
(They were there before the pond dried up.)
The butterworts and sundews are all apparently gone as well.
James A. Rollins
[mailto:willows@rose.net]