U. calycifida

From: wgorum@bellsouth.net
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 12:02:05 PDT

Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:02:05 -0500
From: wgorum@bellsouth.net
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: U. calycifida

Hey Listmembers...

Several months ago I posted a question about growing U. calycifida as a
terrestrial or an epiphyte. I wanted to let you know about my
experience. Someone from the list (I forget who) sent me a "recipe"
for a soil mix for growing epiphytic utrics. I had been growing my U.
calycifida as a terrestrial, and I repotted the plant into an epiphytic
soil mix. About three weeks after I repotted, my plant began to bloom
and a plantlet formed about half-way up the flower stalk. Since I have
been growing it as an epiphyte, the growth rate has increased
dramatically.

Anyway, I wanted to post the changes that I have seen with my plant. If
anyone out there has the purple flowered form for sale, please contact
me privately, my email address is below.

Thanks,
Will
wgorum@bellsouth.net