Re: Wacky VFT

From: Doug Burdic (dburdic@harborside.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 08:39:18 PDT

Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:39:18 -0700
From: "Doug Burdic" <dburdic@harborside.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Wacky VFT

Hi Michael,

It's very common for the Venus Flytrap to produce multiple
flower stalks. I have some which are producing 7 and 8,
although it's advisable when they produce this many, to
'thin the herd' down to 1 or 2 of the more robust stalks.

As for the 'strange plant'..Sounds like a Liverwort to me,
which, while unique and beautiful on its' own, can become
a virulent weed problem which will overgrow almost anything
in its' path if not kept in check, so you might want to transplant it
away from your flytraps before these green monsters latch onto
your plants.

Best of luck,

Doug

Doug Burdic