Wacky VFT

From: Michael Collard (quadfour@iinet.net.au)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 05:53:24 PDT

Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 20:53:24 +0800
From: Michael Collard <quadfour@iinet.net.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Wacky VFT

I have an interesting situation here, one of my 8 VFT has decided to
grow, not 1, but 2 flower stalks from the same bulb. Is this usual?
From what I have read they will only produce 1 per year after reaching
maturity. Also, some of the traps on various VFTs are leaking while
they are digesting their prey. At the moment I am assuming this doesn't
point to a malfunctioning plant. Other than that, I have noticed a very
strange plant growing amongst the VFTs, it looks like a single flat fern
leaf, about 2cm long & 7mm wide. The odd thing is that it has something
looking like bowls, about 3 or 4 per leaf, and the entire leaf seems to
have a root system. Some sort of CP to catch mites? I am going to go
back to the store where I bought my VFTs from & try to get one with an
abundance of this strange ferny type thing.

--Michael