Venus Fly Trap Seeds

From: William M. Gorum, Jr. (wgorum@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 16:06:36 PDT

Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 18:06:36 -0500
From: "William M. Gorum, Jr." <wgorum@bellsouth.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Venus Fly Trap Seeds

Hey Listmembers...

I've got a question for you. I've got a pot of VFT's that I've been
growing outside. This is the first year that I've had them outside, so
when they bloomed, I decided not to clip the stalks to see what would
happen. I was looking at them today and where there were flowers, there
are now bunches of little black teardrop shaped things that I'm assuming
are seeds. Can I go ahead and collect the seeds now, or do I need to
wait until a later date? What should be the next step I take at this
point? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Will Gorum
wgorum@bellsouth.net