More on the superb seed supplier

From: Paul Temple (paultemple@ecologycal.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 02:41:04 PDT

Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 10:41:04 +0100
From: Paul Temple <paultemple@ecologycal.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: More on the superb seed supplier

>... I can see why customers
>could become easily dis -enchanted when species they want are not
>obtainable. An idea might be to note the expected delivery dates for
>certain species that are in limited availability.

First you are obviously right about disappointemnt. However, I don't
know of any seed company anywhere that can claim to never have let down
customers when seed failed to materialise. It's a fact that nature is
unpredictable so honest companies will promise what they expect to have
but really can't be certain if nature will supply the goods.

As to supplying a date, the seed companies don't know one! They get
promises of seed from thousands of suppliers, mostly amatures, who do
not say and often don't know when they will collect the seed or when
they will then clean and post it. So all seed companies can do is hope
the seed arrives sometime that year!

I agree all your concerns but basically you solved the problems the
perfect way. There are, as far as I know, only two ways to know which
seed suppliers are good. The best (which you chose), is to ask people
who buy seed what they think of a particular supplier. The second
method is to try the company yourself. This is never as good because
you are unlikely to buy enough seeds to get the srt of feedback losts of
people might be able to give. As you can see from the replies you
received, we all said roughly the same so it seems that Cyberseeds (and
B&T) are perceived to be good suppliers. There problems will be
problems encountered with all reputable suppliers.

Cheers

Paul