U. calycifida

From: William M. Gorum, Jr. (wgorum@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 20:05:11 PDT

Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 22:05:11 -0500
From: "William M. Gorum, Jr." <wgorum@bellsouth.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: U. calycifida

Hey Listmembers....

I've got a specimen of U. calycifida "alba" that produces "leaves" (I
think they're actually stolons, right?) like crazy, but they're smaller
than the leaves the plant had when I first got it. I'm growing it as a
terrestrial Utric, but I remember some past discussion on the list that
it could also be grown and a epiphyte and it would produce larger
leaves. I have no experience with growing epiphytic Utrics. What's a
good receipe for a growing medium for this plant? I plan to "take a
cutting" and grow it epiphytically and compare the growth rates of the
two plants.

Thanks,
Will
wgorum@bellsouth.net