Re: water

From: John Green (HPJGREEN@ihc.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 08:00:50 PST

Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:00:50 -0700
From: "John Green" <HPJGREEN@ihc.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: water

>Hi people, I have been watching the last round of
>discussion on appropriate water for cp. I am wondering
>if it is sufficient to boil the water and let it cool to room
>temperature and then use it for the cp. This is what I do
>for my other plants. I am starting some cp seed and
>wondering if this will be alright or am I going to kill the
>seed? I do not wish to do that. It should at least remove
>the chlorine shouldn't it? I know this topic is getting old,
>but I would appreciate a second opinion . Thank you, Anita

I recently made a post that mentioned boiling water. I was told by my
local water dept that the water can be boiled in a covered pot, which
should allow most of the disolved solids to accumulate at the bottom of
the pot. You could then siphon the water off the top, and it should be
much lower in disolved solids. I guess if you use a clear pot you
should be able to see the solids at the bottom. I have not tried this.
Theoretically, I guess it should work. I'd recommend checking with your
local water dept to see what the recent tds readings are. If your water
is under 100 tds it's probably okay as it is, although boiling it
couldn't hurt.