1st European CP Exchange: 9/9/2000 in Bonn, Germany

From: Gallep@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 24 1999 - 01:38:24 PST

Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 04:38:24 EST
From: Gallep@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: 1st European CP Exchange: 9/9/2000 in Bonn, Germany

First European Carnivorous Plant Exchange:
Bonn, Germany, September 9th, 2000

The First European Carnivorous Plant Exchange will take place on
Saturday, September 9th, 2000 in the Botanical Garden of the University
of Bonn, Germany. Organizers are GFP (Carnivorous Plant Society for the
German-speaking Area) and the Botanical Garden of the University of Bonn
(Meckenheimer Allee 171, D-53115 Bonn, phone: 0049 228 735961, fax: 0049
228 739058, contact: Dr. Wolfram Lobin) with support of Carnivora
(Netherlands). ALL people interested in Carnivorous Plants are invited
to come.

Crucial point will be a large CP exchange and sale. All sellers are invited
to participate, from the pupil with some less plants up to the big nursery.
If your participation is as great as we hope we will probably have the
biggest offer of CPs Europe has ever seen. In the afternoon there will be
four interesting slide shows about CPs.

All CP Societies are invited to introduce themselves to the visitors of the
Plant Exchange.

Plant Exchange

The Plant Exchange will take place from 10 h to 18 h in the Botanical Garden.
The delivery of plants will already be possible on Friday, it should be
finished on Saturday, 9.30 h.

For smaller sellers the Plant Exchange will be for grant (besides the
entrance fee for the Botanical Garden of 3 DM). Larger sellers and nurseries
will have to pay a moderate fee for the sale. Please address for more
information directly to Dr. Wolfram Lobin. All sellers are asked to announce
at the Botanical Garden. Please don\342\200\231t forget to indicate your local
requirements. Nurseries and bigger sellers are asked to announce at least one
month before the event, the others can also announce themselves at short
notice.

The organizers expect that the rules of CITES will be regarded. In particular
it is forbidden to offer protected plants taken directly from nature.

Slide Shows

At 14 h we will begin with the slide shows. The presentations will be hold in
English. They will also be understandable for non-botanists. The event will
end at about 18 h.

We hope that the European Carnivorous Plant Exchange will take place every
year, changing from country to country. Whether this will be possible will
depend from the success of this first event of this name - and so from your
visit and / or participation. We would be very glad to welcome you in Bonn.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Yours
Frank

Frank Gallep, Zweibrueckenstr. 31, D-40625 Duesseldorf, Germany
fax: 0049 40 3603 167712, email: Gallep@gfp.org