N. rajah growing rate?

From: Joachim Danz (joe@neurose.uet.e-technik.tu-darmstadt.de)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 04:58:24 PST

Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 13:58:24 +0100 (MET)
From: Joachim Danz <joe@neurose.uet.e-technik.tu-darmstadt.de>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:  N. rajah growing rate?

Dear All,

about one year ago I purchased a small N. rajah wich was grown from seed
and had a size of about 15mm in diameter. Since every source tells that
this plant is a slow grower I didn't expect too much. In fact it has
grown very slow with about one new leave every six to eight weeks. The
size is now about 25mm in diameter and by this rate it will take about 3
more years to reach a diameter of 10cm... Can anyone on the list tell
me if this grow rate is normal for a N. rajah? (If not I'll post
details of the growing conditions and ask for advice...)

Many thanks

Joachim

--
Joachim Danz                      danz@uet.tu-darmstadt.de